Helping You Live Better
The dental professionals at Upper East Dental Innovations can help reduce or eliminate your sleep apnea (AP-ne-ah).
Sleep apnea is a common disorder in which you have one or more pauses in breathing or shallow breaths while you sleep. Untreated it can:
- Increase the risk of high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, obesity, and diabetes
- Increase the risk of, or worsen, heart failure
- Make arrhythmias or irregular heartbeats more likely
- Increase the chance of having work-related or driving accidents
- Sleep apnea is a chronic condition that requires long-term management. Lifestyle changes, mouthpieces, surgery, and breathing devices can successfully treat sleep apnea in many people.
Upper East Dental Innovations is one of the few dental practices in New York City that works to eliminate sleep apnea in patients.